December 28th, 2011
Sounds good right, 5 functions in 1? The question is whether this unit stands on it’s own or not.
I do have to say, for the most part, this deal works pretty good.
When you look at the griddler, you realize it can do many things. It can griddle items like bacon and eggs, but you can also use it for a grill because it has removable plates that you can switch in and out.
One thing you can consider is using it to make panini too.
When you look at the unit, it is stainless steel which is pretty and easier to clean. The grates are non stick. For those of you that are watching your weight, this can help you use less fat when you cook.
4 Notable Enhancements of the Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler is called as such because it can function in 5 ways. Specifically it can be used as a full griddle, contact grill, full grill, Panini press and half grill/ griddle. While it looks almost the same as its older version, new improvements have been made in the latest design which makes it much better. Here are some of its notable enhancements:
1.) Integrated Drip
A main benefit of the 5-in-1 griddler is the integrated drip that holds the grease without making the user constantly move the drip cups. This is a feature that the older model of the griddler does not have. With the integrated grease catcher of the 5-in-1 griddler, spillage is avoided. Moreover, there is lesser chance of putting the cup in the wrong position.
2.) Removable Cooking Plates
The new design of the Cuisinart GR-4N griddler consists of a single set of reversible cooking plates. One side is flat and may be used as a griddle and the other side as a grill plate. In the previous model, there are two sets of plates which make it difficult to remove and place the plates because there is a tendency to interchange the two and place them in the wrong way. Moreover, the new model has a release button that makes removing, placing and handling the cooking plates much easier. Also, the plates look identical that is why they can fit in any side of the unit.
3.) Cleaning Scraper
This is a tool that is used to clean the cooking plates. Even if the plates can be placed in a dishwasher, it is recommended that they are not cleaned by hand and not soaked in water for a prolonged period of time to ensure that they stay longer. The other parts of the griddler such as the drip tray and cooking plates are also dishwasher safe.
4.) Stainless Steel Housing
The brushed stainless steel material of the griddler make it appear classy and of high quality. A bonus feature of the new model of the griddler is its adjustable temperature controls that come with indicator lights. The light helps determine if the cooking plates have reached the right temperature. It does this by lighting in red color while the temperature is adjusting and shifting to green when it has reached the desired temperature.
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard cooking rice
- Powered by Article Dashboard easy cooking recipes
- Powered by Article Dashboard grilling
- Powered by Article Dashboard stoves
- Powered by Article Dashboard the tender
- cuisinart 5 in 1 review
- HOW TO COOK A PIZZA IN CUISINART GRIDDLER
- recipes for grilling food on cuisinart griddler
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set Review I know that there are posts that I have written about how much I love All Clad cookware. And, that is true. I do love All Clad cookware. I have...
- Cuisinart CSB-76 SmartStick 200-watt Immersion Hand Blender Review One of the tools that every cook in any decent restaurant has is one of these hand blenders. They are made by alot of different companies, and most recently...
- Breville BJE200XL 700-Watt Compact Juice Fountain Review So one of the movies I watched recently was “Fat Sick and Nearly Dead.” In that movie, which is actually a documentary, the guy goes on a 60 day...
- Krups 203 Coffee and Spice Grinder Review Reasons Why Users Love Krups 203 Coffee and Spice Grinder Krups 203 is an electric coffee and spice grinder with a 200-watt motor that enables fast grinding of up...
- KitchenAid KP26M1PSL Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer Review If you are wondering what mixer all the pros use in their kitchen, let me tell you. We all use Kitchen Aid Mixers. These are the little stand mixers...