November 4th, 2011
How to Make Pumpkin Crunch
Well, it’s the time for pumpkin again, and I’m sure that there are lots of you out there that want to learn how to make pumpkin crunch for dessert. This could also be a great way to add some variety to this year’s Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner.
The upside to this dish is that it is super easy. It’s pretty much pumpkin pie filling with boxed cake mix as the crust. I did a bunch of research and looked at cookbooks and online, and there is a recipe that is floating around.
I tested it, and it works. Now, keep in mind, when you do this recipe, it says to pour the cake mix over the pumpkin filling, then drizzle the butter over the cake mix. THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! if you mix the cake mix with the butter then try to pour over the pumpkin pie filling, it will sink in!
Now, that being said, you do end up with a edible dessert, it’s just that you don’t have a nice custard and a nice crust. You end up with it mixed together. I suppose if you wanted to be adventurous, you could try both…
Anyway, Here is the recipe.
INGREDIENTS YIELD: 1 each
1 box yellow cake mix
1 can (small 15oz) pumpkin
1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped pecans
2 sticks butter melted
Grease bottom of 9×13 pan, placing a piece of parchment or wax paper on the bottom of the pan. Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl. Mix well, pour into pan, and sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans, drizzle melted butter over top, and bake 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown.
When cool, loosen pumpkin crunch from side of pan with a knife. Invert pan onto platter (the top becomes the crust) Top with whipped cream.
I like this guy… Here he shows how to make it…
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard prime rib cooking time
- pumpkin crunch cake with yellow cake mix
- Powered by Article Dashboard dinner
- pumpkin crunch recipe
- pumpkin crunch
- easy pumpkin crunch recipe yellow cake mix
- Powered by Article Dashboard christmas food
- easy pumpkin crunch recipe
- pumpkin crunch recipe yellow cake mix
- Powered by Article Dashboard cooking online
- Powered by Article Dashboard fish bowl
- pumpkin crunch yellow cake mix
- pumpkin crunch recipe cake mix
- More about Baking Cakes in the Microwave Microwave and Cakes How is Eggless Cakes Made Using a Microwave? If you want to prepare a cake without eggs in a microwave, just use any recipe you prefer. Set...
- Can I substitue AP (All Purpose) Flour with Cake Flour? Way to Measure the Ratio of All Purpose and Cake Flour All purpose flour and cake flour are the two commonly used types in baking. The type of flour you...
- How to Make Easy Chewy Ginger Cookies Recipe If you like spice and the hit of ginger, and you like the kind of chewyness you get from a soft Mrs Fields cookie, then you are going to love...
- Cuisinart 77-17 Chef’s Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set Review I know that there are posts that I have written about how much I love All Clad cookware. And, that is true. I do love All Clad cookware. I have...
- How to Make Easy Gingerbread Cookie Recipe with Royal Icing Gingerbread Men and Women are a fun t hing to do with the kids during the Holidays….I guess a gingerbread house could be fun too… Here is a great...