December 18th, 2011
Here is a salad I did the other day. Love Frisse, and the hardest part is finding it. Restaurants use it all the time, but not so much people at home…
I also used mini toybox tomatoes from a Hawaiian Tomato grower Ho Farms.
When I make a lemon vinaigrette, I always use meyer lemons. They have a great citrus flavor, but they also have a nice fragrance that is complex. Making a vinaigrette is super easy. I actually just season the salad with salt and pepper, and then drizzle olive oil and the meyer lemon directly on the salad. No need make extra dishes with a bowl to mix the salad first.
The other thing… I was going to grill the calamari, but then my grill ran out of gas… so I used a pan and seared it.
One thing I forgot. If you look at the base, you should see potatoes. I blanched them and then quickly fried them. Crispy just like french fries.
Incoming search terms:
- Powered by Article Dashboard grinder
- Powered by Article Dashboard food preparation methods
- Powered by Article Dashboard fresh green bean
- Powered by Article Dashboard learn to cook chinese food
- Powered by Article Dashboard green bean coffee
- Powered by Article Dashboard tomato manufactures
- How To Make an Easy Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe When you are looking to learn how to make a vinaigrette dressing, the first thing you should know is that it is really easy. The basics are acid and fat....
- “Tuscan” White Bean Soup Recipe with Arugula One of the things I love to make is soups…and since we are also moving into the cold part of the year, I thought it would be fun to...
- Stanton Social Review Just got back from a trip to New York City, and one of the places I had dinner was called the Stanton Social. It’s located, you guessed it, on Stanton...
- How to Make Baked Potatoes on the Grill Recipe Steps to Cook Potato on the Grill A baked potato is a plain side dish that can be served with meats or other veggies at a barbecue. Although you can...
- Duck Confit and Haricot Verts Salad with Torn Bread from Zazu Restaurant Sonoma Here is a quick picture of one of the salads that I really enjoyed from Autumn. We visited Sonoma and Napa Valley to tour wineries and ate lots and...