November 3rd, 2008
Trying to figure out how to cook turkey? How bout how to roast a turkey. We are definitely in the month where people from all over are planning their turkey cooking for Thanksgiving, so I thought it would be fun to kick off this site with a bit of turkey cooking tips on the thanksgiving turkey. This is a good guide for turkey cooking for beginners. Here is a easy turkey recipe guideline to follow.
There is alot of information out there about how to cook a turkey, and tons of people looking for turkey cooking tips and it can be confusing and hard to figure out what to do and who to trust.
The following is meant to be simple, easy and full proof. Im going to write it in bullet points so that it can be easy to follow.
1. Defrost the turkey in the refrigerator. Makes sure you start out 3-5 days in advance as it will take that long.
2. Do not stuff the turkey with stuffing. Bake the stuffing separately. It is safer and the turkey will cook faster.
3. 24 hours before baking, remove the turkey from the package, discard the innards, (save the neck and gizzards for gravy) towel off the turkey and dry it. Then leave it in the refreigerator so that the skin can get even dryer. Removing the moisture will allow the turkey to get a very even crust and golden color.
4. BUY A MEAT THERMOMETER! The little thing in the turkey that pops out is a piece of crap. It is so inaccurate, that you, if anything are ensured to have a nice dry turkey. When using the thermometer that you buy, make sure it is calibrated, and insert it in to the fleshy part of the turkey leg or breast, away from bone. You want a reading of 165 degrees.
5. When Roasting, Start with a very high temp, I like 450. I will roast it for 30 minutes at that temperature, then drop it to 350 for the duration of roasting. The high temp helps get the turkey nice and golden.
6. Throw a few carrot pieces, celery, onions, bayleaf, and parsley stems into the cavity when roasting, it will help add flavor.
7. When you are about to roast the turkey, slide pieces of butter underneath the breast skin, and rub butter or your favorite oil all over the skin, This will make things nice and brown when roasted.
8. Seasoning is so important. liberally season the cavity and skin with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
Basically, thats all there is to how to cook a turkey. These Turkey cooking tips will make your Thanksgiving Turkey the best this year. When you want to get adventurous, you can start to experiment with different spice rubs, aromatics in the thanksgiving turkey, then progress to frying the turkey or even smoking it. But if you are a new turkey beginner, this is a good place to start.
Afterall, when you are looking for how to cook a turkey, what you want is something that is nice and moist, with crisp skin. All you thanksgiving turkey beginners, give it a whirl.
Any questions on how to cook a turkey, leave a comment and I will get back to you asap!
Incoming search terms:
- easy turkey recipes for beginners
- Powered by Article Dashboard wine cooler
- how to cook a turkey for beginners
- Powered by Article Dashboard free chicken coop building plans
- Powered by Article Dashboard how to smoke a ham
- cooking turkey for beginners
- how to fix how to cook a turkey for beginners
- how to Roast a Turkey for beginners
- roast turkey for beginners
- BAKING A TURKEY FOR BEGINNERS
- how to cook a turkey for beginner
- brown your turkey beginners
- beginners guide to cooking a turkey
- beginner turkey recipe
- beginner guide to cooking a turkey
- begginers turkey recepies
- baking a whole turkey for begginers
- turkey cooking for beginners
- Thanksgiving Dinner Turkey Stuffing Gravy Tips and more Every year, we come to Thanksgiving week, and indeed, it is here. I know that some of you are working frantically to get your dinner together, and trying to figure...
- Last Chance Thanksgiving Turkey Tips Questions 2011 Turkey day is 2 days away! This is your last chance to get in any questions! I’ll be checking in the site every so often over the next few days....
- How do I know when my Turkey is done Cooking, Baking, Roasting? Checking for Turkey Doneness Every year, I get tons of people that ask me this question. In fact, when I do TV spots for the local news, the news casters...
- How To Season a Turkey | Seasoning a Turkey | Turkey Seasoning Recipe Right about now, there are bound to be lots of people looking for tips and information on how to properly season a turkey. Afterall, if you don’t cook often, the...
- How To Cook Prime Rib Roast One of the questions that gets asked most often these days, especially as we move into the holiday season is how to cook a prime rib roast, or how long...