July 9th, 2011
Steps to Cook Potato on the Grill
A baked potato is a plain side dish that can be served with meats or other veggies at a barbecue. Although you can easily bake them in the oven while your other meats are being grilled, this will be a little inconvenient because you have to move back and forth to check your grill and oven at the same time.
To avoid this, you can simply cook the potatoes on the BBQ. This will produce crispy skinned potatoes that are internally soft and fluffy. Prepare the potatoes about 10 minutes prior to putting them on the BBQ to cook. It will take around half an hour to one hour for the potato to bake on the grill. Here are the steps to follow in cooking potato by grilling.
1.) Prepare the potatoes, a sponge, paper towels, butter, black pepper, salt and aluminum oil.
2.) Choose a smooth-skinned, fresh potato. Do not use the ones with root growths.
3.) Use a warm water to rinse the potato and scrub it with a clean sponge to get rid of any surface dirt. Pat it dry with a paper towel.
4.) Using your fingers thinly spread a layer of butter on top of the potato’s surface. Put the buttered potato on a piece of aluminum foil.
5.) Sprinkle some salt and pepper to add taste to the potato before fully wrapping it with the foil. Tightly cover the potato with foil so that butter cannot leak out.
6.) Put the sealed potato on top of a medium heated grill or in a bed of hot charcoals.
7.) The cooking time for a small potato is about 35 to 40 minutes, a medium potato about 45 to 50 minutes and a large potato about 55 to 60 minutes.
8.) Turn the potato halfway through its recommended cooking time.
9.) Take away the potato from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes. Let it cook using residual heat during this time.
10.) Serve Hot
- How To Make Mashed Potatoes | Easy Simple Mashed Potato Recipe One of the other things that get asked alot here is how to make mashed potatoes. Alot of people are looking for a simple mashed potato recipe, and they are...
- How To Steam Vegetables 8 Steps to Steaming Vegetables Steaming is not just a great way to prepare vegetables. It is also a healthy method of cooking food. It allows any food to maintain...
- How to Grill Corn with the Husk on Grilling corn over charcoal uncovers its sweetness which makes it a perfect pair to barbeque. Although there are various recipes on grilled corn, it is more important to know...
- How to Grill Corn without the Husk While I love grilling corn with the husk on, I know that for some, this is too messy, or just wild crazy…. So, here is how to get the job...
- How Do I Cook Asparagus? Grill Steam or Blanch? When it comes to cooking asparagus, there are actually many ways to get the job done. Some of the more popular ways for cooking asparagus comes from blanching, steaming, and...
Categories: side dishes